Social Media is a great way to connect with your customers and gain new ones, but it can also be a huge waste of time. Learn how to leverage your time and get the biggest impact with our top three essential social media tools for local businesses in this week’s Facebook Live!
Three Essential Social Media Tools For Local Businesses
Blogs are a MASSIVE part of getting found online and building your SEO. One of the main reasons we blog each week is to build our SEO as we create content and build internal and external links. All of which can lead to an increase of rank in Google.
- SEO Benefits – Having a blog on your website allows you to control the content that goes out on your site. You can use a blog as a way to rank in Google by making sure each post has a focus keyword and inbound and outbound links.
- Get Found in Conversational Searches – After writing an optimized blog post, you will be more likely to get found in Google. i.e. OK Google, what’s the best deciduous tree to grow in Boulder, CO? Then in the top results, people may find your blog post about deciduous trees!
- FAQ – Frequently asked questions on the phone make for great content on your website. Helpful to getting found in Searches, but also reuse this in email marketing content, social media posts, and especially for one-on-one followup with sales prospects. If they ask you a question on the phone, offer to followup with an article via email. This helps keep them in your sales funnel to the next step.
2) Meet Edgar
Meet Edgar can be a great way to keep your content in front of people on social media. To use Meet Edgar, you simply create a library of posts and schedule how many you want to go out per day and Meet Edgar will select the best post to go out each day to your social media accounts. Meet Edgar + Blog = Lots of Leads! Plus, if you don’t pay to Boost your posts on Facebook, only 3% of your followers will see it, so why not post it again several times at different days and times of the week to reach new audiences?
Hootsuite make social media more convenient than ever! Do you ever feel like you don’t have any time to post to social media every day? Well, Hootsuite changes that. With Hootsuite, you are able to front load all of your social media by scheduling all of when you want. You can schedule a week at a time or a month at a time. Heck, you could post for a whole year at once if you wanted. (We wouldn’t recommend that as it is better to have posts that are fresh.) Save time with Hootsuite by coming up with posts once a month and scheduling it all on the first of the month!
Next week’s Facebook Live: Voice Search For Local Business
Thank you for joining me on Facebook Live today! Join me on the Ramblin Jackson Facebook Page next Friday at 8:30am MDT where we’ll be discussing Voice Search For Local Businesses. And if you haven’t already be sure to download the Quick and Easy Guide to Social Media for Local Businesses.
Next week’s Facebook Live: Voice Search For Local Businesses
Which hashtags should I use in my social media posts?
Diana asked: what’s the best hashtags for social media?
Diana, this is a great question! Here are a few things that you can (and should) be using hashtags for…
- Geographic hashtags: #BoulderCO
- Events: If you’re a sandwich shop on Pearl Street and you have an offer during the #boulderbolder – make posts with that hashtag
- Interests: #crafting if you’re a custom frame shop. Be creative and scope out your hashtags before using them.
We have a whole section in our Quick and Easy Social Media Guide, so check that out at ramblinjackson.com/socialguide/
Download the Quick and Easy Guide To Social Media
Want to save time and figure out exactly what you need to do on Social Media? Click here to download the Quick and Easy Guide to Social Media for Local Businesses.
Ramblin Jackson Job Openings in Boulder!
Know anyone who wants to join our growing team? Please spread the word about our marketing job openings.